[gradebook2-dev] Get UserId from grade submission module

Geng, Kelly gengx at muohio.edu
Thu Feb 24 07:30:48 PST 2011

The way we wanted to do it is to direct the instructor to an external grade submission application and from there to PULL  grade data from Sakai. I had some discussion with you two weeks ago about how to utilize the internal GB2 REST service call to implement that, and we have done some curl and perl test since then to prove the feasibility. So now the first step is to direct the user to the external when they click on "Submit Final Grade" and pass along the siteId(for the app to come back for more info) and userId( the instructor userId for single sign-on). Does this make sense? Now I need to get the userId from the client side. Is there an easy way to do it?

Thanks!
Kelly