[Contrib: Evaluation System] Evalsys generating report on > ~75 groups not working

Brian Jones bjones86 at uwo.ca
Tue May 28 09:07:41 PDT 2013

Update:

With the logger statement DEBUG.org.sakaiproject.evaluation, there are no
exceptions thrown to catalina.out.

When I look at the rendered source, the form on the select groups interface
is a GET, as you suspected. This form works properly for selections greater
than ~75 groups.

However, the links to generate the reports aren't part of a form, so I'm not
sure how that works (in the stock tag). In our modified version of evalsys,
I've changed the links into submit buttons which are children of a POST
form. Does that provide any clues?

Regardless of if I'm doing it with the stock tag (links with no form), or
our modified tag (buttons in a POST form), the result is the same. Instead
of generating the report and presenting it inline or prompting the user to
download it, it instead opens up a blank tab and does nothing (or blanks out
the iframe entirely and does nothing).

I've attached a snippet of the access log for your inspection, if you're so
inclined. The first entry is submitting the select groups form. The second
entry is when you hit the report_view page, and the third entry is when you
click on the button to generate the report.

Thanks again for your insight.

Brian Jones
Applications Development
Information Technology Services