[Contrib: Evaluation System] Fwd: Some UI updates to run by the community

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 18 16:16:38 PST 2012

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the response and questions.  Responses inline...

-Daphne

On Jan 17, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Rick Moyer wrote:

> Daphne,
>
>             Concerning the Evaluation page….
>
>             I’ve attached a sample of UMD campus wide evaluation,
> which raises the following questions….
>
>             How will N/A be displayed ?
The scale shown in our wireframes will just be an additional option
available so the scale you use (called stepped I believe) shouldn't be
affected.

> Am I correct that the middle radio buttons labels will not be
> displayed, just Strongly Disagree – Neutral – Strongly Agree ?
The new scale we are interested in has 3 labels, one above the first
radio button, one above the middle radio button and one above the last
radio button.  However, we've uncovered some accessibility issues with
this scale so may not use it all now.  That said, you will still be
able to use the scales you are already using.

> How will the smaller scales be displayed ?
There won't be a change to existing scales.  We are just looking at
creating new one.

> Primary and secondary questions bold or not ?  When entering a
> question or item header, the FCKeditor allows you the option to bold
> or not and quite a few others. I would hate to see this option taken
> away.
I wasn't aware that this was something set by the user.  We definitely
will not take away this ability.  I suppose it will just be a default
for us.  That said, the bolded questions is work that will be done in
our local skin and not affect the Sakai skin.

> Will the Save & complete later button be an option on the
> administrate screen ?  This is not something we are interested in.
If there are schools that don't want those options, and I hear now
that there are, we will make this a configuration for the administrator.

> Is there an issue with 7pt scales is a question block?  I was able
> to process an 8pt scale questions to a template.
It's not the 7 pt scale, it's only having 3 labels for the 7 pts that
we couldn't handle in the system as is.  The other change is to allow
the user to choose which scale they want to use for a group of
questions.  Currently, question groups automatically use the stepped
scale shown in your screen shot.

Hope that helps.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

daphne at media.berkeley.edu
cell (925)348-4372