[Contrib: Evaluation System] Another day before next beta tag

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Tue Jan 10 10:59:15 PST 2012

Jim (and others),
Unicon QA is seeing some issues that are related to the recent RSF
changes (or something similar in the UI). I am guessing this stuff is
in progress but do you have an ETA on when it will be completed? It
looks like a few things like saving templates and items are not
working in trunk as of the commits from the 23rd and 28th of Dec. It
also might be related to javascript but I am not all that familiar
with the frontend stuff so I will leave it to the folks who did most
of that work to comment.

For example, the save of a template item fails because the numbers are
not being passed anymore (now it is passing "" instead for some
reason). See image for the error that pops up.

Since the underlying code where the exception happens has not changed
in over 6 months I am guessing something in the tool is responsible
and if we use a version from pre-23 Dec then it seems to work again.
It is also possible I am totally wrong about the cause here and
something else has caused this problem (maybe related to browser
changes). Anyone else seeing this?

Any thoughts?
-AZ

Full stacktrace:
RuntimeException:Fatal error trying to execute custom action method:
template-items-reorder:new:saveTemplateItemsOrdering:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal error trying to execute custom
action method: template-items-reorder:new:saveTemplateItemsOrdering
	at org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.rest.EntityActionsManager.handleCustomActionExecution(EntityActionsManager.java:231)
	at org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.rest.EntityActionsManager.handleCustomActionRequest(EntityActionsManager.java:96)
	at org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.rest.EntityHandlerImpl.handleEntityAccess(EntityHandlerImpl.java:403)
	at org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.util.servlet.DirectServlet.dispatch(DirectServlet.java:183)
	at org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.servlet.SakaiDirectServlet.dispatch(SakaiDirectServlet.java:146)
	at org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.util.servlet.DirectServlet.handleRequest(DirectServlet.java:154)
	at org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.util.servlet.DirectServlet.service(DirectServlet.java:132)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
	at org.sakaiproject.util.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:658)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
	at org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.rest.EntityActionsManager.handleCustomActionExecution(EntityActionsManager.java:206)
	... 24 more
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
	at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
	at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:431)
	at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:468)
	at org.sakaiproject.evaluation.logic.entity.TemplateItemEntityProviderImpl.saveTemplateItemsOrdering(TemplateItemEntityProviderImpl.java:149)
	... 29 more