[Contrib: Evaluation System] Evaluation Available Notifications when using Consolidated e-mailing

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Tue Apr 24 05:34:16 PDT 2012

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.  I am no longer working on evaluations, but Beth has asked me to take a look at the issues you raised.

It sounds like consolidated reminders are working for you, but consolidated available notifications are not.  Is that right?  It's not clear from your email what kind of email template you are using for the available notifications.  The consolidated notifications (both announcements and reminders) have a different set of replacement variables than the individual notifications.  As I recall, when the consolidated notification option is selected, the only email templates that are processed are ConsolidatedAvailable and ConsolidatedReminder templates.  Similarly, those templates will not work with the other option, sending individual emails for each evaluation.

You mention dead code that can't be reached for consolidated emails.  Can you point to particular classes or methods?  You may be referring to some old code that was added in an earlier attempt at implementing something like consolidated notifications.  I don't think we touched that when we added the consolidated email feature, but we may have removed the UI for selecting that. I will take a look to see if that might be what your message referred to.

Thanks.

Jim