[Contrib: Evaluation System] Errors in evaluation 1.2.1 or an upgrade to 1.3.x

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Mon Oct 24 17:49:59 PDT 2011

I wouldn't *think* that there is anything special added that would require
1.6 anywhere in the code yet. I know Sakai 2.7+ in general supports
and recommends using it (because 1.5 is way EOL) but I don't think anyone is
actively using 1.6 specific language features.

I checked out the 1.3.x HEAD, and it compiled with "javac 1.5.0_22" using
the 2.6.1 artifacts in the repo. I didn't try to start it up though.

The bug that Chris is referring to looks like EVALSYS-777 which was fixed
around that time and triggers if you have
the EvalSettings.ITEM_USE_RESULTS_SHARING option enabled. There were a lot
of untested options in that old version of the code that triggers errors in
the UI under certain circumstances. (Like normal usage) ;)

-Matthew