[Contrib: Evaluation System] [Building Sakai] RSF Present and Future

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Tue Nov 29 12:58:49 PST 2011

I am running into RSF errors trying to get trunk of evalsys (a webapp built on RSF) to run with trunk of sakai (i.e. version 2.9-SNAPSHOT).  The RSF dependencies in the evalsys "tool" module remain the same as they have been for several years (shown below).  Everything builds fine, but I get error messages on startup indicating inability to locate some of the RSF beans, which eventually causes the evaluation tool not to startup.

I noticed the following JIRA ticket, which seems to indicate that a new version of RSF is in the works for sakai 2.9.

Does anybody know the status of that work?

Thanks.

Jim

From evaluation/tool/pom.xml:

    <properties>
        <sakairsf.sakai.version>2.2.x</sakairsf.sakai.version>
        <rsfutil.version>0.7.4</rsfutil.version>
    </properties>

        <!-- RSF dependencies -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>uk.org.ponder.sakairsf</groupId>
            <artifactId>sakairsf</artifactId>
            <version>${rsfutil.version}-sakai_${sakairsf.sakai.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>uk.org.ponder.sakairsf</groupId>
            <artifactId>SakaiRSFComponents-evolvers</artifactId>
            <version>${rsfutil.version}-sakai_${sakairsf.sakai.version}</version>
            <type>jar</type>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>uk.org.ponder.sakairsf</groupId>
            <artifactId>SakaiRSFComponents-templates</artifactId>
            <version>${rsfutil.version}-sakai_${sakairsf.sakai.version}</version>
            <type>war</type>
        </dependency>