[Contrib: Evaluation System] proposed new feature for 1.4:

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 16 08:59:40 PDT 2011

"selecting 'login to sakai' & supplying an email address with no corresponding account as part of an ad hoc group leads to problems"

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-976

Rationale: We have problems with people setting up surveys which require respondents to login, and then assigning the survey to people with no account. These people are, of course, unable to complete the survey. The system will allow this situation to arise with no warning.

We have a patch that will prevent the assignment process from completing if all users do not have an account. I would like to add this feature to Trunk (1.4).

A patch has been attached to the Jira and we have been using this feature in production for a couple of months.

Any objections?

adam

Description

If one selects "Login to Sakai" and then use an ad hoc group which contains email addresses which do not relate to a Sakai account.

What currently happens is that these users receive an email with a link but are challenged for a login - since they don't have an account they get stuck.

We propose that it should be made impossible for this situation to arise.