[Contrib: Evaluation System] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Eduardo eduzav at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 11:39:26 PDT 2011

Hello I need your recommendation about Sakai tuning memory because I have
some errors "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread"
on catalina.out

Environment

Centos x86 4gb memory with two Sakai instances

                ->JAVA_OPTS="-server -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled -Xms768m
-Xmx2048m  -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Djava.awt.headless=true

                -> server.xml (AJP connector)               maxThreads="250"
backlog="30" connectionTimeout="40000"

The thread size value of linux is 8192kb

I haven't got a tool to monitor the tomcat behavior but I think the maximun
thread reached for each tomcat is 200

Could be a good idea reduce default thread size?, what is the advice of
community?

Thanks