[Contrib: Evaluation System] provider not being called

Richard C. Moyer II rmoyer at umd.edu
Mon Sep 27 13:20:27 PDT 2010

Charles,

	Here at Maryland we also use the eval group provider, but unfortunately, I cannot reproduce your error. Currently I'm in the middle of testing evaluation trunk, revision 70243, against our config and providers with the hope of migrating to sakai 2.7.

	To help trouble shoot your situation, we'll need a little more details.

1. 'We're not seeing people in our evaluations' - are you signing on as a student and there are no evaluations or are signing on as an instructor or admin?

2. 'Our evaluations come entirely from the Rutgers provider.' - are you building your evaluations outside of the sakai evaluation tool and importing in or are you building the evaluation using this tool and your groups, students, instructors, and TA come from your provider?

3. 'old code' do you have a date or revision number?

4. 'new code' do you have a date or revision number?

5. what are the results from the Test EvalGroupProvider from the Administrate screen? As an admin, student & groupId.
Are you getting  back Rutger's IDs or sakai IDs?

6. are you using a UserDirectoryProvider?

The summaryProducer, and supporting code has gone through several enhancements and re-writes over the years. It's possible that depending on how old your code is that your caught in a void that has since been fixed.

Please let us know this info and perhaps we can dig a little deeper into the code.

Hope this helps,
Rick