[Contrib: Evaluation System] how is the hierarchy supposed to work?

Ellen Yu Borkowski eyb at umd.edu
Mon Mar 29 08:18:44 PDT 2010

Adam

We have been using hierarchy for awhile now.  I have not had the time to sit down and document the hierarchy piece, but we do use it to set up the distribution of our course evaluations at the end of the semester.  We distribute university and college level items via one template.

On the Getting Started page on Confluence, there are links to see a picture of what our hierarchy and template looked like in Fall 2008.  http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=35029012

I don't know if that helps or not.  I should try to put up more recent screenshots since the screens do look  a little different now.

At our last project call, I did volunteer to set up a webinar to go over how we use the tool at Maryland so that people could learn more.  I have not had a chance to schedule that yet but will look to do that soon.

Ellen

On Mar 26, 2010, at 9:56 AM, Adam Marshall wrote:

> Has anybody got any idea how the hierarchy is supposed to work in Evaluations?
>
> We want to give members of central university cttee rights to view the existing surveys (& templates).
>
> We've set it up, ie, added a group (containing cttee members as maintainers) at the Root of the hierarchy. (That's all we've done.)
>
> When I log in as a member of the committee I see exactly the same options and surveys as before the hierarchy was set up, I was expecting to see all surveys or templates.
>
> What exactly does the hierarchy do - is it just for authoring, or have I not set it up correctly? Does anybody have any notes?
>
> adam

---
Ellen Yu Borkowski
Director, Academic Support