[Contrib: Evaluation System] EVALSYS-635, EVALSYS-426, EVALSYS-425

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Tue Mar 9 06:07:40 PST 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Silverio, Gonzalo <gsilver at umich.edu> wrote:
> 1. Am treating a Multiple Answer with an NA as a binary - one can pick one
> or more of the choices OR the NA, but not both. This seems really odd but
> odder still would be to pick some choices AND the NA like is the case at
> present, I think.

There was a time when NA was part of the same set of radio buttons. I
certainly did not change this so if it is no longer working that way
then there is a bug in the current code. In other words, it sounds
like you are proposing to fix a bug and that should happen asap in my
opinion.

> 2. Positioning/styling  of the NA. We have had some preferences expressed
> here in Michigan with stepped groupings. I can imagine there are some
> preferences in this case as well since the position and the looks could skew
> results. Some choices:
>
> Vertical display
> ----------------
> Bottom of the list, little difference in unselected state, difference in
> selected state. This is the option in the example above.
>
> Horizontal display
> ------------------
> Centered in a line of its own. Other than that little difference in
> unselected state, difference in selected state. This is the option in the
> example above.
>
> Other possibilities are a) put NA first; b) have no difference between NA
> and rest of items; c) increase the difference by position or style in some
> manner.

I think it should be different from the other choices because it is
special. How it stands out is less important to me as long as it does.

Thanks for taking care of this Gonzalo. It has needed a bit of love for awhile.
:-)
-AZ