[Contrib: Evaluation System] EVALSYS-635, EVALSYS-426, EVALSYS-425

Silverio, Gonzalo gsilver at umich.edu
Tue Mar 9 06:48:01 PST 2010

On 3/9/10 9:07 AM, "Aaron Zeckoski" <azeckoski at unicon.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Silverio, Gonzalo <gsilver at umich.edu> wrote:
>> 1. Am treating a Multiple Answer with an NA as a binary - one can pick one
>> or more of the choices OR the NA, but not both. This seems really odd but
>> odder still would be to pick some choices AND the NA like is the case at
>> present, I think.
>
> There was a time when NA was part of the same set of radio buttons. I
> certainly did not change this so if it is no longer working that way
> then there is a bug in the current code. In other words, it sounds
> like you are proposing to fix a bug and that should happen asap in my
> opinion.

Sorry I was not clearer. The multiple choice resolves to a radio group,
which makes sense since you can only pick one. The multiple answer resolves
to a checkbox group because you can pick multiples. I think that server side
only the NA gets saved when that is added to the MC and is selected by the
user, which makes sense as well. But to the user it looks odd to have a
choice that in her mind should be cancelling in the UI others not doing so.
All am proposing is to instrument client side the MC + NA so that this
happens (selecting an NA unselects the other choices in the group/selecting
one of the choices unselects the NA).

Thanks.

A question on process - as I am going through the item types I will propose
a set of possibilities to this group. The feedback I have gotten this far
has been very helpful, and I hope this works for you all and is not
spamming.

    -Gonzalo