[Contrib: Evaluation System] Request for review - Extend administrate-search results to show the evaluation owner

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Thu Jul 8 09:09:50 PDT 2010

I think EVALSYS-959 should be committed to trunk, though it might be better to control whether the owner is shown with a setting.  At Michigan, all evals are owned by admin, so this column is not useful here.  But I understand that for many other adopters, the owner is very significant and should be available in that display.

On the other hand, for adopting institutions that have evals from other sources than we do, showing a GUID that means nothing to the user is a BUG! BUG! BUG! that should be fixed in 1.3.0RC. So +1 to including http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-963 in trunk and the 1.3.0RC branch if a good fix is provided.

Jim

On Jul 8, 2010, at 11:33 AM, Nicola Monat-Jacobs wrote:

> For me, the relevant aspect of this discussion is:
>
>> I feel it may be necessary to have this in the 1.3.0RC, what do you think?
>
> Lovemore - did you mean both EVALSYS-959 and EVALSYS-962 or just EVALSYS-962?
>
> Do these issues strikes people as bugs currently effecting users of 1.3.0RC that should be fixed, or do they describe new functionality that might confuse users/testers who are expecting a feature-stable RC?
>
> I think EVALSYS-959 is definitely a new feature, but what about EVALSYS-962?
>
> Thanks,
> Nicola
>

> On Jul 2, 2010, at  4:27 PM, Aaron Zeckoski wrote:
>
>> Looks fairly safe based on the description. Is there a downside or
>> possible performance hit I am missing?
>> -AZ
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Lovemore Nalube
>> <lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za> wrote:
>>> Dear PMC Team
>>>
>>> Kindly review this Jira and it's corresponding patch
>>> http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-959 Screenshots are included and
>>> the fix patch is called: EVALSYS-959-tool-withOwnerUsername.diff
>>>
>>> As Jim suggested, I am copying the list in case anyone else wants to have a
>>> look.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> --
>>> Lovemore Nalube
>>> OLE Developer (Vula)
>>> University of Cape Town
>>> http://www.cet.uct.ac.za/LovemoreN
>>>

>>> ###
>>>
>>> UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN
>>>
>>> This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer
>>> published on our website at
>>> http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27
>>> 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is