[Contrib: Evaluation System] evaluations hierarchy

Ellen Yu Borkowski eyb at umd.edu
Tue Jan 12 07:29:29 PST 2010

Adam

We use hierarchy at Maryland for the distribution of items in surveys,
but we do not use it for the backend access for results.  But, I do
know that as the system admin in our system, I can see the results of
all the evaluations conducted in Sakai.

In the Getting Started section on the confluence pages there are links
to PDF files of our hierarchy from Fall 08 and the associated
template.  I haven't had time to get some documentation up on the
confluence pages, but you do need to turn on hierarchy in the
administrate screens and then you'll get a link for "Control
Hierarchy" where you can define your hierarchy.

I'm happy to show you more offline if you'd like to find a time when
we could be online together.

Ellen

On Jan 12, 2010, at 6:21 AM, Adam Marshall wrote:

> as I understand it there's a facility within the Evaluations tool to
> set up a hierarchy so that the Institutional big-wigs are able to
> see the results of surveys conducted by departments and departments
> are able to see all surveys completed by their tutors.
>
> I've seen Hattie's "System Settings" confluence page but can anybody
> point me to further documentation about how all this works and how
> one can configure the tool to work like this? Does anybody have an
> example of it in use?
>
> Adam

---
Ellen Yu Borkowski