[Contrib: Evaluation System] ENABLE_EVAL_RESPONSE_REMOVAL use ?

Richard C. Moyer II rmoyer at umd.edu
Tue Jan 12 12:56:41 PST 2010

We've stumbled across this setting on the eval administrate screen titled:

Allow responses to evaluations to be removed

This corresponds to Eval_Config. ENABLE_EVAL_RESPONSE_REMOVAL  which in turn is referenced by EvalSettings.  However I can't seem to find any other references to this within the evaluation code.

Can anyone explain the idea behind this setting?

We're interested in providing the administrator the ability to remove all responses from  an individual student for an evaluation (active or closed).

Every semester, we get emails from students who didn't pay attention to the scale or the course they evaluated and would like their responses removed.  Currently this requires our dba to delete the responses.

We don't allow students to edit their responses, because of potential bias once their grade is known  (i.e.  If I'd known my grade, I would have given a different evaluation).

Anyone else has this same requirement?

Thanks,
Rick Moyer