[Contrib: Evaluation System] NEED RESPONSE: Eval Sys meeting at Sakai Conference

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Fri May 29 10:05:24 PDT 2009

1) I won't be at the conference physically but I could (and would like
to) attend via skype if someone is willing to sorta point their laptop
at the center of the room.
2) I have family coming into town about halfway through the conference
so earlier is better for me.

-AZ

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Ellen Yu Borkowski <eyb at umd.edu> wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I'm trying to finalize travel plans for this conference.  From the
> conference call, it sounded like there were many who would be there.
> I'd like for us to have a meeting around this project, but don't see
> times on the detailed schedule that was posted today for scheduling a
> BoF.
>
> Could I ask for two things?
>
> 1.  Would you attend a meeting on Evaluation System?
> 2.  When would you attend - before the conference, during, or after?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ellen
>
> On May 14, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Sean DeMonner wrote:
>
>> Ellen,
>>
>> The project coordination meetings have in the past tended to be more
>> oriented toward overall Sakai releases and kernel level discussions.
>> This time around they're also schedule to take place before and
>> after the main conference sessions. I suspect a number of people
>> will not be able to attend the entire 7/6-11 week  (I know I can't)
>> so I would propose that we schedule a BoF session sometime during
>> the main conference (July 8-10). The BoF would be in addition to the
>> panel presentation/discussion and would be pretty informal (although
>> building an agenda ahead of time might be a good idea).
>>
>> SMD.
>>

>> On May 14, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Ellen Yu Borkowski wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Since the presentation that Sean submitted has been accepted, I plan
>>> on attending the Sakai conference and we are also intending for Rick
>>> to attend.  I'm emailing to start the conversation of having the
>>> project group meet at the conference.  Since this is my first Sakai
>>> conference, I will need to defer to those who are the "veteran"
>>> attendees in terms of what is best.  I see that there are project
>>> coordination meeting dates scheduled on July 6 and July 11 - is that
>>> when we would meet?  Or, would we find a time to meet during the
>>> conference?
>>>
>>> Since travel plans need to be made, I thought I should send this note
>>> out now.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Ellen
>>> ---
>>> Ellen Yu Borkowski
>>> Director, Academic Support
>>> Office of Information Technology
>>> University of Maryland
>>> College Park, MD  20742-2411
>>> 301.405.2922 (o)
>>> 301.830.0196 (c)
>>> 301.405.0720 (f)
>>> Email: eyb at umd.edu
>>> http://www.oit.umd.edu/as/staff/Ellen.html

>> SMD.

>> Sean DeMonner, IT Senior Project Manager, CTools Implementation Group
>> Digital Media Commons @ The Duderstadt Center, U-M      (734) 615-9765
>>

> ---
> Ellen Yu Borkowski
> Director, Academic Support
> Office of Information Technology
> University of Maryland
> College Park, MD  20742-2411
> 301.405.2922 (o)
> 301.830.0196 (c)
> 301.405.0720 (f)
> Email: eyb at umd.edu
> http://www.oit.umd.edu/as/staff/Ellen.html

Aaron Zeckoski (aaronz at vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
https://twitter.com/azeckoski - http://www.linkedin.com/in/azeckoski
http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/ -
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/