[Contrib: Evaluation System] NEED RESPONSE: Eval Sys meeting at Sakai Conference

Ellen Yu Borkowski eyb at umd.edu
Fri May 29 09:54:05 PDT 2009

Everyone,

I'm trying to finalize travel plans for this conference.  From the
conference call, it sounded like there were many who would be there.
I'd like for us to have a meeting around this project, but don't see
times on the detailed schedule that was posted today for scheduling a
BoF.

Could I ask for two things?

1.  Would you attend a meeting on Evaluation System?
2.  When would you attend - before the conference, during, or after?

Thanks.

Ellen

On May 14, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Sean DeMonner wrote:

> Ellen,
>
> The project coordination meetings have in the past tended to be more
> oriented toward overall Sakai releases and kernel level discussions.
> This time around they're also schedule to take place before and
> after the main conference sessions. I suspect a number of people
> will not be able to attend the entire 7/6-11 week  (I know I can't)
> so I would propose that we schedule a BoF session sometime during
> the main conference (July 8-10). The BoF would be in addition to the
> panel presentation/discussion and would be pretty informal (although
> building an agenda ahead of time might be a good idea).
>
> SMD.
>

> On May 14, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Ellen Yu Borkowski wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Since the presentation that Sean submitted has been accepted, I plan
>> on attending the Sakai conference and we are also intending for Rick
>> to attend.  I'm emailing to start the conversation of having the
>> project group meet at the conference.  Since this is my first Sakai
>> conference, I will need to defer to those who are the "veteran"
>> attendees in terms of what is best.  I see that there are project
>> coordination meeting dates scheduled on July 6 and July 11 - is that
>> when we would meet?  Or, would we find a time to meet during the
>> conference?
>>
>> Since travel plans need to be made, I thought I should send this note
>> out now.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Ellen
>> ---
>> Ellen Yu Borkowski
>> Director, Academic Support
>> Office of Information Technology
>> University of Maryland
>> College Park, MD  20742-2411
>> 301.405.2922 (o)
>> 301.830.0196 (c)
>> 301.405.0720 (f)
>> Email: eyb at umd.edu
>> http://www.oit.umd.edu/as/staff/Ellen.html

> SMD.

> Sean DeMonner, IT Senior Project Manager, CTools Implementation Group
> Digital Media Commons @ The Duderstadt Center, U-M      (734) 615-9765

---
Email: eyb at umd.edu
http://www.oit.umd.edu/as/staff/Ellen.html