[Contrib: Evaluation System] Showing hierarchy nodes in template & process question

Ellen Yu Borkowski eyb at umd.edu
Thu Jul 23 10:53:39 PDT 2009

Hi all

I'm slowly getting to each step of creating evaluations in the latest
code and have encountered the next thing that is working differently
that needs to be "fixed" (?).  In the 1.2 tag that we are using, when
one creates a template and assigns groups or items to a hierarchy
node, the hierarchy node was displayed in the template.  I don't see
that displayed anymore.  Also, what used to be displayed was the
category (group/course, evaluatee/instructor) along with the scale
used, etc.  That is all not being displayed anymore - only the type is
being shown (i.e. stepped).

So, this brings me to an overall question about process (still feeling
somewhat like a "newbie" so forgive my ignorance).  As institutions
add code and functionality to the tool that is submitted to trunk,
what are the guidelines about what things "stay" and what things "go
away"?  The example I have above is important for Maryland to have as
we use hierarchy and need to be able to quickly see which node is
assigned which items.  Yet, this has gone away with the latest updates.

Will the teams we talked about at the conference help in this
process?  Or, do we need to work on some guidelines for the wiki page
that we will all follow?  In the same vein, how do we all make sure as
we add things, we don't "break" the institution specific settings that
are in trunk?

Thanks in advance for any insights/comments/suggestions.

Ellen
---
Ellen Yu Borkowski
Director, Academic Support