[cle-release-team] Sakai Trunk in Transition

Kirschner, Beth bkirschn at umich.edu
Wed Feb 12 14:31:56 PST 2014

I think I know what the problem is with commits - but we'll have to wait until someone with root access can login.

- Beth

On Feb 12, 2014, at 5:21 PM, "Kirschner, Beth" <bkirschn at umich.edu> wrote:

> [...]
> svndumpfilter include delegatedaccess --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs --preserve-revprops < ./svn-contrib.dump > ./delegatedaccess.dump
> svndumpfilter include signup --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs --preserve-revprops < ./svn-contrib.dump > ./signup.dump
> svndumpfilter include external-calendaring-service "/swinsburg/external-calendaring-service"  --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs --preserve-revprops < ./svn-contrib.dump > ./external-calendaring-service.dump
>
> 2. load of roster2 had no errors, and roster2 is now available
> $ svnadmin load  /usr/local/svn/repositories/svn  < /home/bkirschner/svn-dump/roster2.dump
>
> 3. load of external-calendaring-service failed with the following error:
> $ svnadmin load  /usr/local/svn/repositories/svn  < /home/bkirschner/svn-dump/external-calendaring-service.dump
> <<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 33836
> svnadmin: E160013: File not found: transaction '202598-4ery', path 'swinsburg/external-calendaring-service'
>     * adding path : swinsburg/external-calendaring-service …
>
> This also left approximately 34087   revisions with comments like this:
>
>   r202588 | (no author) | 2007-11-13 14:16:18 -0500 (Tue, 13 Nov 2007) | 1 line
>   This is an empty revision for padding.
>
> This also left the svn repo in a state that no one can commit. I was working with Greg Thomas, since he has sudo permission on the source.sakaiproject.org server and I don't (sudo is required since the repository is owned by the apache user).
>
> What I'd like to do, if possible:
>
> a) Resolve commit problem
> b) Remove empty revisions, but this might not be possible. Empty revisions were removed during the svndumpfilter process, but apparently added as placeholders during the failed load.
> c) Find how to load the two repos (external-calendaring-service and hierarchy) that were moved while in contrib
>
> I guess no good deed goes unpunished. Ideas welcome. I'll continue digging.
>
> - Beth
>
> On Feb 12, 2014, at 2:06 PM, "Kirschner, Beth" <bkirschn at umich.edu> wrote:
>
>> FYI -- I've "paused" this change due to permissions problems on the svn server. I'll let everyone know when I've restarted the migration of contrib tools, but for now trunk should be in a stable condition.
>>
>> - Beth
>>
>> On Feb 12, 2014, at 11:25 AM, "Kirschner, Beth" <bkirschn at umich.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> In preparation for branching Sakai 10, I'm making a series of iterative changes to sakai trunk (https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/trunk/). I'll do my best to keep it stable during this time, but if you run into any problems, feel free to ping me. If you want to avoid problems, you should avoid a fresh checkout until I send another message indicating that I'm done. The changes I'm making are to migrate the following tools from contrib to core:

>>> hierarchy
>>> delegatedaccess

>>> 2. The hierarchy repo has been moved up: svn move https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/caret/hierarchy/ https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/hierarchy/