[cle-release-team] [sakai2-tcc] 2.9.0 key issues [short] list

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Wed Oct 31 17:42:29 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Matthew Jones <matthew at longsight.com> wrote:
> I agree Steve and didn't notice it before.
>
> I tested this tonight on 11g and couldn't even get it to run as-is. I had to
> significantly modify it, both to backup the data to a temporary table them
> copy the database, and to drop an index on the SAKAI_SESSION table and
> recreate the index.

I think we should just pull the SAKAI_SESSION and SAKAI_EVENT stuff
out of the conversion scripts for the forthcoming 2.9.0 release (I
re-checked and these changes are NOT in the 2.8.0-2.8.2 conversions).
It's too late to be changing this stuff without a real way to test it.

The SAKAI_CLUSTER stuff (KNL-725) is much more manageable/explainable
and doesn't risk the loss of critical data. And it's already in the
2.8 and 2.7.2 releases.

I really wish I had been watching this more closely earlier. Sorry, folks.

Seth