[cle-release-team] [sakai2-tcc] 2.9.0 key issues [short] list

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Oct 31 16:42:09 PDT 2012

I agree Steve and didn't notice it before.

I tested this tonight on 11g and couldn't even get it to run as-is. I had
to significantly modify it, both to backup the data to a temporary table
them copy the database, and to drop an index on the SAKAI_SESSION table and
recreate the index.

Without dropping the index it gave this error:

ORA-30556: functional index is defined on the column to be modified

CREATE TABLE SAKAI_EVENT_KNL_734 AS (SELECT * FROM SAKAI_EVENT);
DELETE FROM SAKAI_EVENT;
ALTER TABLE SAKAI_EVENT MODIFY (EVENT_DATE TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE);
INSERT INTO SAKAI_EVENT SELECT * FROM SAKAI_EVENT_KNL_734;

-- You may want to DROP TABLE SAKAI_EVENT_KNL_734 to free up some space

DROP INDEX SAKAI_SESSION_START_END_IE;

CREATE TABLE SAKAI_SESSION_KNL_734 AS (SELECT * FROM SAKAI_SESSION);

DELETE FROM SAKAI_SESSION;
ALTER TABLE SAKAI_SESSION MODIFY (SESSION_START TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME
ZONE);
ALTER TABLE SAKAI_SESSION MODIFY (SESSION_END TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME
ZONE);
INSERT INTO SAKAI_SESSION SELECT * FROM SAKAI_SESSION_KNL_734;

CREATE INDEX SAKAI_SESSION_START_END_IE ON SAKAI_SESSION
(
    SESSION_START,
    SESSION_END,
    SESSION_ID
);

-- You may want to DROP TABLE SAKAI_SESSION_KNL_734 to free up some space