[cle-release-team] sakai-2.8.1 update

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Oct 11 08:35:27 PDT 2011

I have released all indies destined to be deployed by sakai-2.8.1 have been released.

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/sakai-2.8.1

Sam has merged all "monolithic" merge requests (e.g., announcement, assignment, etc.) that he deemed tested and verified.  All other 2.8.x merge requests, a number of which do not merge cleanly, will be bumped to the next release.

Stranded 2.8.x-related merge requests (n=19)
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12536

TODO
1.  I plan to delete all monolithic 2.8.1 release branches and then recreate them.  The branches are now stale and recreating them is much easier than slogging through svn logs and src notifications of merges in order to track down 2.8.x merges.
2.  Tag the release and generate release artifacts.
3.  Restock the Maven2 repo.
4.  Update 2.8 release notes (minimally).
5.  Ping the TCC regarding the release.

I'll be commencing the remaining TODOs around 1:30 pm today.

Cheers,

Anth