[Announcements] Open Apereo 2014 - Call for Volunteers

Ian Dolphin iandolphin at sakaifoundation.org
Tue Oct 8 00:56:21 PDT 2013

We're about to start planning for Open Apereo 2014 in Miami, Florida (June 1st to 4th). Open Apereo is the primary annual opportunity to showcase and celebrate the achievements of our diverse community, and to network with those working in the same or parallel fields. We want to build on the success of Atlanta (2012) and San Diego (2013) to make this another conference to be proud of.

Over the last two years we have established two core committees of community members to help plan the event, ably underpinned by our conference organisers, Concentra. The Conference Program Committee focuses on the conference content, establishing representative and engaging topics, and assessing the quality of proposals. The Planning Committee covers logistics, promotion and dissemination, including the use of social networking, and elements of the management of the conference itself, including the highly successful social events.

By spreading responsibility, we believe making a genuine contribution to conference organisation has been easier to manage for community members - and we've made a vastly better conference because of added engagement.

There are many ways to help, both large and small. Can you participate? Core activities include regular calls of up to an hour to help guide the development of the event, and voluntary contributions of time and effort across a range of planning and program activities. If you're willing to help, or if you want to discover more, please drop Ian Dolphin a line at ian.dolphin at apereo.org.

Please feel free to cross-post this message.

Best

Laura
--
Laura McCord
Chair, Open Apereo 2014 Planning Committee

Alan
--
Alan Regan
Chair, Open Apereo 2014 Program Committee

Ian
--
Ian Dolphin
Executive Director, Apereo Foundation