[Announcements] OAE Project Update

Ian Dolphin iandolphin at sakaifoundation.org
Thu Jun 7 09:04:11 PDT 2012

I wanted to appraise you of a recent development in the Sakai OAE project. Indiana University and the University of Michigan recently decided, for a variety of local factors, to pause their investment in the project effective July 1st in order to re-assess institutional direction. We are all aware of the challenging environment facing higher education and understand that local priorities sometimes change institutional involvement in collaborative ventures such as ours.

The remaining project partners have met to effect planning in this new circumstance. They remain committed to the success of OAE, are heartened by the substantive advances made in recent months, and are confident of a sustainable future path. If you are at the Atlanta Conference next week, check in on the project sessions to see the significant progress which has been made.

Best

Ian
--
Ian Dolphin