[samigo-team] NOW OPEN! Call for Proposals for Open Apereo 2014 (Apereo/Sakai/Jasig)

Regan, Alan Alan.Regan at pepperdine.edu
Thu Dec 19 09:20:47 PST 2013

2014 OPEN APEREO CONFERENCE

"Innovate. Incubate. Implement."

Community Blossoms at Open Apereo 2014

Hilton Downtown - Miami, FL

June 1-4, 2014

#apereo14

NOW OPEN! Call for Proposals for Open Apereo 2014

Get ready to share your success stories at our Open Apereo 2014 conference in Miami, Florida! This year's conference will be held in one of the world's most popular vacation spots. It offers multiple enticements for everyone, the trendy nightlife, the Art Deco district, the rich culture, and its renowned food. Mark your calendars (June 1-4, 2014) and join us this year at the Open Apereo 2014 Conference. We invite you to submit a proposal<https://www.concentra-cms.com/cfp/p/OpenApereo2014> now!

Come learn about - and share your experience with - the many projects and activities within the Apereo community which support the academic mission:

*         Sakai 10<http://sakaiproject.org/sakai-cle> with tools to encourage teaching, learning, research, and collaboration

*         uPortal<http://www.jasig.org/uportal> to present a unified view of campus services

*         CAS<http://www.jasig.org/cas> to offer single sign-on to multiple online resources

*         Bedework<http://www.jasig.org/bedework> to deliver a robust calendaring solution

*         uMobile<http://www.jasig.org/umobile>, a framework for innovative mobile solutions

*         Apereo OAE<http://www.oaeproject.org/>, a next-generation platform to promote online communication and collaboration

*         and more!

We welcome your proposals. Share your great work with the community, explore effective teaching practices, and spark new developments and innovation through a presentation session, lightning talks, showcase night demo, or a birds of a feather discussion session.  We are also offering a new format: "flipped" presentation. In addition to traditional presentations, interested presenters can apply the flipped teaching method to a presentation session by offering the presentation for attendees "online" before the conference and use the face-to-face session in Miami for deeper discussion, collaboration, and learning.

The deadline for submissions is February 7, 2014.  Proposals entered by January 21 will be eligible for early review decisions by February 1.

The Apereo conference in Miami is a global networking point for practitioners. There will be opportunities during and around the conference for meeting, sharing, and learning from others in our global community. A special pre-conference gathering will feature presentations in Spanish from Latin America and Spain.

We look forward to your proposal!

https://www.concentra-cms.com/cfp/p/OpenApereo2014

Sincerely,

Ian Dolphin, Executive Director, Apereo Foundation

Laura McCord, Open Apereo 2014 Planning Committee Chair

Reba-Anna Lee, Open Apereo 2014 Program Committee Co-chair
Alan Regan, Open Apereo 2014 Program Committee Co-chair