[samigo-team] Autosubmit feature - how to use?

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Tue Apr 30 11:51:09 PDT 2013

Hi Samigo team,

I am wanting to try out the auto submit feature on trunk, in relation especially to these tickets:

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-2074
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-2128

However, auto submit does not appear to be turned on in trunk, so I am using my favorite Sakai feature… pack-demo (mvn install -P pack-demo) so I can run a local copy.

In the sakai.properties file I see it documented as

# Auto Submit feature (SAK-14474)
# [WARN] You must also run sam/docs/auto_submit/auto_submit_*.sql (choose the appropriate SQL dialect)
# in order to pre-populate the database with required metadata.
# See sam/docs/auto_submit/README.autoSubmit.txt for instructions.
# Default: false (no auto submit feature)
#samigo.autoSubmit.enabled=true

but I cannot seem to find sam/docs/auto_submit directory. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Since Samigo is an Indie, maybe I need to check that out separately with SVN, then I'll find what I need?

Also, I would need to setup a quartz job (or maybe that is what the sql statement is about)? I don't know how to do that. Is it easy? I'm on a Mac.

Pointers appreciated. Otherwise, I'll see if the CLE release team can help.

Thanks!

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org