[samigo-team] DEADLINE EXTENDED! Submit your proposal for the 2012 Jasig-Sakai Conference by Fri, March 23

Regan, Alan Alan.Regan at pepperdine.edu
Tue Mar 20 10:24:45 PDT 2012

Dear  Samigo List,

My thanks to those that submitted the BoF!  Just a head's up that we officially extended the deadline by a few days -- until this Friday.  Anyone want to put together a "getting started" session to giving online assessments?  Tips, tricks, and pitfalls to avoid if a professor is considering moving from paper exams to online exams?

BTW, Pepperdine is bringing five faculty to the conference this year.  It would be great for them to learn how professors at other institutions are using Samigo and for what purpose (preparation, daily quizzes, final exams, surveys, midterm evaluations, etc.).

Wanted to share this faculty presentation we hosted about using Tests & Quizzes for preparation quizzes, in case it helps get the juices flowing for proposal ideas.  One of our professors in the Decision Sciences program talked about his use of Samigo in his classes (the good, the bad, and the unexpected).
http://community.pepperdine.edu/techlearn/teaching/speaker-series/success-quizzes.htm

See the notice below for the official extension notice and link.  Thanks, everyone!

Sincerely,
Alan Regan

________________________________
Deadline Extended!
2012 JASIG-Sakai Conference Call for Proposals
https://www.concentra-cms.com/cfp/p/2012-jasig-sakai

Thank you to everyone who submitted a proposal for the Jasig-Sakai Conference in Atlanta June 10-15.  We received many great proposals.  We also received many requests for more time.  So, by popular demand and to ensure a good balance of presentations, we are extending the deadline until Friday, March 23. While open to all tracks, the program committee encourages you to consider the following areas:

*         Awareness and Advocacy

*         Getting Started

*         Leadership and Future Directions

We want to hear your new ideas, see your great work, and learn from your successes.  What are you waiting for?  Get your proposals in!

Submit by Friday, March 23
https://www.concentra-cms.com/cfp/p/2012-jasig-sakai