[samigo-team] Today's Samigo Working Group meeting cancelled

Ward, Lynn E. leward at iupui.edu
Tue Jun 26 09:45:30 PDT 2012

With the exception of Makoto's suggestion related to moving to an asynchronous format, I haven't received an responses to my my message, so let's cancel today's meeting and continue the discussion about the frequency and format of our work on list.  The floor is  now open…. :-)

Lynn

==========================
Lynn Ward, Principal Systems Analyst
Instructional Technology Systems and Services
University Information Technology Services<http://uits.iu.edu/>
Indiana University
Information Technology and Communications Complex (IT 342K)
535 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: 317-278-5713  E-mail: leward at iupui.edu<mailto:leward at iupui.edu>

Tomorrow is the next scheduled meeting date for the Samigo Woking group. Is there anything in particular that we need to meet about?   If not, perhaps we should cancel.

Also, on a related topic, one of the issues that came up at the Samigo BoF in Atlanta is that there are folks in other parts of the world  who want to participate, but for whom the meeting time is a challenge. To address this problem,  we could try to conduct most business and discussion asynchronously on list.  Or, we could continue to meet synchronously, but provide enough information both before and after the meeting for others to discuss and weigh in on list.  If we abandon the bi-weekly conference calls, and move to a primarily synch format, we may want to think about adding some structure (maybe a monthly call for topics, followed by a fixed period of discussion).  Otherwise, we'll probably see participation fall off.

What do others think?  Should we continue to meet via conference call on a regular basis?  Should we try to move most of work to the mailing list?  How often should we meet and/or put out a call for topics?

Lynn