[samigo-team] any interest in kiosks and secure browsers?

Luke Fernandez luke.fernandez at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 10:59:59 PDT 2012

Keli et al,

During the bi-weekly meetings would any of you have any interest in a
short (five-ten-fifteen minute) presentation on a feature that allows
instructors to configure and modify the degree of "locked-downess" a
secure browser would have during secure testing?  Basically the
feature allows an instructor to enable a student to surf to designated
Web sites on additional browser tabs while taking a secure test.  It
works inside a custom made secure browser that we coded here at Weber.
(Here is a screenshot of how it's configured:
http://screencast.com/t/el63TdgT71  And here's a screenshot of how it
appears in the secure browser while the student is testing:
http://screencast.com/t/V5x8cMrlXutU )

The project was funded by an NEH Digital Humanities grant (cf.
http://tinyurl.com/6umcrma )  and an endorsement by Sakai played a
role in securing the grant. Now that we're at the tail end of the
project I'm looking for places to present our findings, and get
feedback.  Since the NEH is encouraging us to share our work in open
source communities I thought I'd put a query out here. ( If it's not
something the Samigo team is interested in would you know of forums or
conferences that might be interested in this work? )

Cheers,

Luke
http://itintheuniversity.blogspot.com