[samigo-team] Call for Samigo Agenda Items

Ward, Lynn E. leward at iupui.edu
Tue Feb 7 06:35:52 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

We have a Samigo work group meeting scheduled for 2pm today.  I was unable to attend the last meeting, but have read through the notes and didn't see any mention of specific agenda items for today.  Nor are there any new items on our main work group page, so I thought I would put out a feeler to see if there's a need/desire to meet.  Please respond to the list and then Stanford of IU will send out a notification of a final decision.

Also, a quick update from Indiana University.  We have been working very intensively on addressing our highest priority needs related to Samigo—primarily functional gaps between Samigo and our legacy system.  We plan to retire our legacy system in May, so most of this development work will be completed this spring.  I am in the midst of putting together a comprehensive list of IU fixes and enhancement that might be of interest to the larger community. In the meantime, I'll list a few of the significant enhancements that we've completed or are currently working on.  If there's an interest, we could use today's meeting to take a look at and discuss one or more of these.  If not today, let's reserve some time at upcoming meetings to discuss the changes that are of greatest interest.

Completed, tested, and in our current production instance:

  *   Ability to link an assessment to existing Gradebook item (includes the ability to set and change the names of GB items created by Samigo)
  *   Ability to edit random draw questions in a published assessment
  *   Enhanced event log (includes ability to filter log by user, assessment, or both)
  *   Export assessment grades to a Gradebook-ready format
  *   In matching questions, warn users when maximum number of matches has been reached (SAM-1213)
  *   Hide "Allow Retake" option after retract date (SAM-1248)
  *   Selected groups (under Settings > Assessment Released to:) are unselected when Settings page reloads (SAM-1225)
  *   Questions formatted in bold in Student View, regardless of FCK formatting (SAK-18579<http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18579>)

Tentatively for March 2012:

  *   Enhanced matching (similar to Aaron Z's implementation, with the following changes:  1) choice distractors option removed and match distractors added; 2) improved UI
  *   Improve performance of assessment results screens in large sites
  *   Ensure that students don't see feedback when "No feedback" is selected, regardless of assessment type settings (SAM-1132)
  *   Add the following question types to item analysis: Fill-in-the-blank, Multiple Correct, Single Selection, Numeric Response, Matching

Lynn

Lynn Ward, Principal Systems Analyst
Instructional Technology Systems and Services
University Information Technology Services<http://uits.iu.edu/>
Indiana University
Information Technology and Communications Complex (IT 342J)
535 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: 317-278-5713  E-mail: leward at iupui.edu<mailto:leward at iupui.edu>