[samigo-team] Settings: Score of Zero for Non-Submission

Henry, Roger James rjhenry at indiana.edu
Mon Feb 6 07:24:54 PST 2012

Hi all,

Based on a question from a faculty user here at IU Bloomington, I'm wondering if there's ever been a discussion around the option (via settings) for giving a score of zero to students who have no submission by the due date (or the retract date, depending).

Our user points out that, in a case where the scores are pushed to the Gradebook, if an instructor wishes to enter scores of zero for non-submission (s)he must go into Samigo and manually enter zero (via Adjustment) for each student. That's a whole lot more clicking than folks want to do.

I'm not suggesting that we change the current default of leaving the score as null for non-submission.
But what about creating an option that appears -when an assessment is linked to the Gradebook - to set the score to zero for non-submission?

If this has already been discussed elsewhere, I'd be happy to know the outcome(s) of that discussion.

Best,

____

Roger J. Henry

Instructional Technologies Consultant

Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning

Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education /

Indiana University Bloomington

Phone (812) 856-2617

Twitter @rogerjhenry