[samigo-team] Date errors in trunk

Karen Tsao ktsao at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 29 17:03:22 PDT 2011

Ok. I think I know what happens here. Sam, please correct me if this is not
the steps you use.

1. Login to Sakai.
2. Without going to Assessment Settings page. Create an assessment and add
some questions.
3. In Edit Assessment page, click on "Publish" link directly.
4. You will see an error asking you to select a retract date.
5. Select the date and click on "Save and Publish".
6. The error is seen.

This is an existing error and it happens only when:
1. Without previously going to Assessment Settings page
(AuthorSettingsListener is not executed).
2. Click on "Publish" link directly from Edit Assessment page.
3. An error happens during publishing.

Because SAM-1088 triggers an error during publishing, that's why we see this
error now. Before SAM-1088, there might be very few errors during
publishing, and so we didn't hear about this issue. However, I believe this
is a bug that needs to get fixed.

I have created https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-1401 for this issue.

Thanks,
Karen