[samigo-team] agenda items for September 20

Ward, Lynn E. leward at iupui.edu
Sat Sep 10 07:58:56 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

On behalf of Indiana University, I would like to propose several agenda items for our next meeting on September 20.

1.  Three IU Enhancements:
IU has developed many local enhancements and fixes with much additional work underway.  We'd like to see this work merged into trunk, if it meets needs of other Sakai institutions.  Some of our work aligns quite neatly with near-term priorities assigned by other institutions.  For the upcoming meeting, I wonder if we might consider three specific enhancements that are already in production at IU:

  *   SAM-1368: SAMigo Event Log
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-1368
  *   SAM-1369: User Activity Report
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-1369
  *   SAM-1370: UI for grading manually graded items
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-1370

A design doc has been attached to each Jira that provides the details.  If possible, please review these Jiras and designs before the 20.   Feel free to ask questions or raise concerns on list.  Megan, Ying, and I will be available to answer questions (and give a live demo, if desired) at the meeting.

2.    Continued discussion of top three priorities.
Questions to consider:

  *   What work is currently underway or under consideration that aligns with these issues?
  *   For priorities identified by others, even if it's not in your institution's top three, are there any that are important to your institution?
  *   Can/should this group try to coalesce around 1-3 priorities that  we work on collaboratively as mini "managed projects"?  Below are some of the items that were identified by 2 or more institutions:
     *   Tool performance in large sites/classes (UFL, UNISA, IU, Rice — this concerns has also been voiced in the past by large schools like UCT, Rutgers)
     *   Reduce data discrepancy errors (IU, Longsight, Delaware)
     *   Custom settings for individual students or groups (IU, Rice, Stanford)
     *   Reduce confusing in settings (Stanford, IU, UFL)
     *   Updating random draw questions in published assessments (UFL, IU)

I've added thees items to our team home page in Confluence and I hope others will do the same if you have issues you want discuss.

Lynn

Lynn Ward, Principal Systems Analyst, Instructional Technology Systems and Services
University Information Technology Services<http://uits.iu.edu/>
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
Information Technology and Communications Complex (IT 225D)
535 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: 317-278-5713  E-mail: leward at iupui.edu<mailto:leward at iupui.edu>