[sakai2-tcc] Summary - Re: Reminder - TCC - CLECC meeting Tuesday at 1 pm Eastern Daylight/ 5 pm GMT

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Fri May 24 07:43:36 PDT 2013

This is not so much a summary, but an update on stuff. Things move fast!

* CLE 2.9.2 status - I think you are all up-to-date on this. Based on testing so far, things are looking good with three issues which were merged in (WebDav, Neo-portal, Dropbox quota). Will wait until end of today, Friday, to see if we get any additional feedback. I believe Matt is planning to get the release out by next Wednesday if he can.

* CLE 2.9.2 documentation status - looking at the checklist, coordinating with Matt. Will need a little help from Greg Thomas, Indiana, to publish the release page, may need help from Hallway Technologies if I cannot remember, or am not able to make changes to sakaiproject.org, but not a lot of updates are needed. Planning on a major Security contacts email group update on security issues since Dec 2011!  Communication about the release to community will include highlights of the release, not too detailed (which is what Confluence is for), but not just meaningless blurbiness either. Hoping to strike a balance.

* CLA progress - Neal and Anthony will try to find some time at the Conference to work on this together.

* Conference - my schedule is published at https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/CNF/CLE+Community+Coordinator+Schedule .  I will announce my schedule to community next week, along with a push for Online help-help and so forth.

* QA servers - some positive feedback on the idea of infrastructure servers and things like that being overseen by the Foundation, so it is not tied to an institution. However, still needs community resources to run the servers.  Under discussion with Ian, possibly part of a larger infrastructure discussion to be had.

* CLE team input on the "Performance" label. No negative feedback. Some positive. Suggestion to better publicize the way labels are being used and the main filters the community relies on. (I like this idea and as soon as I can figure out the absolutely most difficult spot in Confluence to start a page, I will [ha ha]).

* Confluence - rehashed a little bit of the email discussion. I have discussed with Ian D. and, hoping to find ways to move this conversation forward in advance of the Open Apereo Conference. If I have anything to report, I will let you know.

Thanks!
Neal