[sakai2-tcc] Fwd: Informal Lazy Consensus - Tools Survey

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Mon May 6 12:12:17 PDT 2013

Hey TCC,

Did y'all know this (see, I'm kind of a Southerner)?  The Adobe Connect tool is not just for Adobe Connect. I wonder what most people call it/ think of it? Technically, it is the WebConference tool that is compatible with Adobe Connect and Open Meetings tool (https://code.google.com/p/openmeetings/ ).  What to call it in the survey?

Thanks,
Neal

Begin forwarded message:

> From: JOSE MARIANO LUJáN GONZáLEZ <jmariano at um.es>
> Subject: Re: [sakai2-tcc] Informal Lazy Consensus - Tools Survey
> Date: May 6, 2013 3:07:19 PM EDT
> To: Neal Caidin <nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org>
>
> Hi Neal,
> just saw this email and I think that the first tool you are listing is the one from Samoo, which I think that is the same tool for Adobe Connect and Open meeting (you configure it) but they made two different confluence pages so maybe, call the tool in a different way in the survey?? I think the tool is called Webconference and can be integrated either with ADOBE CONNECT or with OPEN MEETINGS.
>
> For example we use it in production for Adobe Connect and Navarra's University uses it for Open Meetings.
>
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/samoo/adobeconnectpro-openmeetings-integration/
>
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/ADBCNT/Home
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/OPENMTG/Home
>
> I dont want to confuse but I though that it was idea to let you know,
> cheers,
> mariano
>
> El 06/05/2013 16:59, Neal Caidin escribió:
>> After Matt's comments.
>>
>> Good enough list?
>>
>> Adobe Connect (web conferencing)
>> Assignments2
>> Big Blue Button (web conferencing)
>> BlogWoW (Blog tool)
>> Clog (Blog tool)
>> Dashboard
>> Evaluation
>> Gradebook2
>> Kaltura - (video management)
>> Melete (alternative to core Lessons tool)
>> Mneme (alternative to core Test & Quizzes tool)
>> Roster2
>> SCORM player
>> Signup tool
>> YAFT (Forums)
>>
>> On May 6, 2013, at 10:50 AM, Neal Caidin <nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Running list:
>>>
>>> (I left off Delegated Access on the assumption it is not a teaching and learning tool.
>>>     I left off Dashboard integration on the assumption it is related to Dashboard.
>>>         I don't know what some of the others do.
>>>             I'm starting to indent like I'm writing Python code. Why?)
>>>

>>> Adobe Connect (web conferencing)
>>> Assignments2
>>> Big Blue Button (web conferencing)
>>> BlogWoW (Blog tool)
>>> Clog (Blog tool)
>>> Dashboard
>>> Endorsed
>>> Evaluation
>>> FormBuilder
>>> Gradebook2
>>> Kaltura - (video management)
>>> Melete (alternative to core Lessons tool)
>>> Mneme (alternative to core Test & Quizzes tool)
>>> Reports