[sakai2-tcc] List of tools for survey

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Thu May 2 12:42:10 PDT 2013

I think it might be possible that some people don't use Resources at
all. I am sure that everyone uses content to store stuff but maybe
they don't allow anyone to use the Resources tool. It's unlikely but
who knows.

No blog in core.

I can't imagine anyone is not thinking about LTI at this point
considering the number of nifty tools out that that require it. It's
probably OK to leave it if you really want to. Might need to use the
newer name people will recognize though ("External Tools") and note
that it is not selectable in the tools list (at least, not anymore).
Besides, LTI isn't really a tool. It is more like an architectural
thing. We aren't going to ask people about SOAP webservices usage for
example.

-AZ

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Neal Caidin
<nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org> wrote:
> I intentionally left off Resources since I figure it is a foregone conclusion that it is the most used tool in CLE?
>
> Btw, is there a blog tool in core, or is it BlogWow/ contrib tool?
>
> Yeah, LTI is interesting. The advantage of asking about it perhaps is to get people thinking about it, if they aren't already aware. Perhaps I should include a link to this - https://www.edu-apps.org/index.html (for real)  or this - http://www.ltitools.com (he he)
>
> -- Neal
>

> On May 2, 2013, at 2:44 PM, Aaron Zeckoski <azeckoski at unicon.net> wrote:
>
>> I would probably drop LTI from the list (we know it is used but it's
>> kind of a weird thing because you aren't really using it, you are
>> using something else or multiple something elses). Where is Resources?
>>
>> -AZ
>>

>> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Neal Caidin
>> <nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Announcements
>>> Assignments
>>> Calendar