[sakai2-tcc] Summary - TCC - CLECC, Wednesday, May 1, 10 am Eastern Daylight/ 2 pm GMT

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Thu May 2 08:33:40 PDT 2013

* Discussed CLE 2.9.2 status - want to get an rc02 out as soon as possible.  Talked about some specifics, etc.

* Acknowledgments - the recommendation from the group that was on the phone was to keep it really simple - just a list of institutions that have contributed to 2.9 in any significant way. I'm inclined to go with this recommendation, at least for the conference, for a number of reasons - one is because the conference is almost here and there isn't much more time to work on granularity. The discussion was around that the more granular we go, the bigger the risk of offending someone due to perceived unfairness or under appreciation, etc.  I still think it may be worth exploring greater granularity, and what metrics could be gathered, but likely to need quite a bit of vetting, discussion, etc. Plus, it is a big effort, potentially.

* Tools survey - see other TCC thread - I'm going to try and whip up a quick survey for TCC to review. It will focus only on tools in the core system that are used for teaching and learning, not administrative tools. TCC is wanting to provide a query that could be run instead of , or in addition to , to the survey to provide information on tool use.

* Jira management - just general discussion. Suggestion was made to get feedback from CLE team, which I will do.

* Confluence cleanup- did not get to this agenda item. Will put on agenda for next TCC - CLECC meeting in two weeks (May 15).

* I will send out Doodle poll soon to see if we can find a new time to accommodate everyone. It's been a while since the last poll to pick this time and things may have changed.

Btw, meeting every two weeks is feeling about right to me. Better than meeting every week. I think once a month might be too little and would like to stick with this schedule for now, if that's okay?

Thanks,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org