[sakai2-tcc] Hybrid mode: SAK-23285

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 04:21:39 PDT 2013

You've deleted the sakai artifacts from your local repo so then you will
need the source if you expect the build to succeed. So its impossible to
have an offline build work unless you have the source for everything you
need to build. So the hybrid issue needs to be either removed or source
added to resolve this.

Though this was one of the goal of indies, that you didnt need the source.
And before the -all branches you wouldn't have been able to do what you are
doing since a lot of projects existing in the repo only.

As for depending on snapshots, this is fraught with instability anyway
since you dont know if something will break. If we move to a different
release method where we don't need RC's and the branch is in a constantly
releasable state (as discussed a few days ago), then we will need to have
the branch depending on stable versions only.

This is the case in 2.8.x where only stable versions were declared:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/master/branches/sakai-2.8.x/pom.xml

but in 2.9.x snapshot versions were introduced:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/master/branches/sakai-2.9.x/pom.xml