[sakai2-tcc] code review process/software

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 19:14:59 PDT 2013

Hi all,

With the recent gradebook bug that was merged to the maintenance branch
that caused an incompatibility, I think we have a good case for moving
forward with some sort of code review software so we can get more eyes on
fixes before they are committed. We need it work for merges also.

My preference is to accelerate a move to github and use the tools there
however its more complex as we need to maintain SVN as well (though could
be synchronised and made read only).

We use reviewboard at work and it works well, but I'm hesitant about using
it here as it adds extra steps and more overhead.

Whatever solution it needs to be automatic IMO.

What are other peoples thoughts on tools?

cheers,
Steve