[sakai2-tcc] Make ECL 2.0 license easily available with the License Maven Plugin

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 25 02:15:58 PDT 2013

On 24 June 2013 23:29, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is already available in trunk:
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//sakai/trunk/

Do you mean that a copy of license is already available in trunk?

On a side note the URLs in:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//sakai/trunk/ECLv2.txt
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//sakai/trunk/ECLv2-header-template.txt

points to:

	http://www.osedu.org/licenses/ECL-2.0

which doesn't work, is it sensible to update to:

        http://opensource.org/licenses/ecl2

or is this considered a "revision" in the license?

> We should also use the Jasig legal plugin to generate NOTICE and LICENSE
> files for the project. The LICENSE is particularly interesting as it reads
> the pom and makes a file based on the license for each artifact. I can set
> this up, I use it for my portlets.

For reference this is:
https://wiki.jasig.org/display/LIC/maven-jasig-legal-plugin

I think the license-maven-plugin does this as well:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/license-maven-plugin/update-project-license-mojo.html

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford