[sakai2-tcc] Github: OAE transfers "sakaiproject" account to Sakai and the CLE

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Jun 11 19:50:25 PDT 2013

Agreed.  We don't need to jump ahead of ourselves here, especially considering that the TCC as a group remains divided on moving to Git and using Github to host or mirror our project repos [1].  My immediate goal was simply to secure an account that is branded Sakai but being used by our OAE colleagues who have chosen to abandon the Sakai brand in favor of Apereo OAE.  What we do with the account going forward remains an open question for some on the TCC.

I think maintaining a "sakaiproject" account preferable to lumping all projects under an Apereo organization account.  As Chuck noted it highlights our project name front-and-center.  It also provides what might be termed a thematic unity to the cle-* repos we might create under github.com/sakaiproject, a unity easily lost if our repos get lumped together with uPortal, CAS, Bedework, etc. under an Apereo organization.

Yet, what matters at this point is that the Sakai Project now controls the github.com/sakaiproject account and no one else.

Anth