[sakai2-tcc] Github: OAE transfers "sakaiproject" account to Sakai and the CLE

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Tue Jun 11 19:33:02 PDT 2013

It is key to keep the Sakai/uPortal/CAS brands front-and-center for the short term and even medium term.   The primary opposition to the merger was the feeling that the well-known "Sakai" brand would become the Apereo CLE and have no recognition at all - effectively starting over with the brand.

There might one day be an git.apereo.org that is made available to projects - but our project name would always have sakai front-and-center to leverage the decade of brand investment.

It will be natural for new projects to call themselves with the prefix - but Sakai, uPortal, CAS, Bedework will not likely add the "Apereo" as prefix until t feels like a natural thing - much like we call Derby "Derby" not "Apache Derby" - but incubator projects are more likely to call themselves Apache blah.

/Chuck