[sakai2-tcc] Proposal: No demo/binary/source download zip/tars for Sakai 2.8.3

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 18:06:16 PST 2013

Hi all,

With 2.9.0 out the door, new users that are trying out Sakai will hopefully be using the 2.9.0 demo/binary/source downloads.  The current source.sakaiproject.org/release page defaults to 2.9.0 release so unless they go digging, thats what they will get by default.

Therefore, is there any point in adding the demo/binary/source downloads for the 2.8.3 maintenance release? This will save a LOT of time in the release since they are about 400Mb each, and there are 4 of them, with 2 source zips of about 100Mb each.

Here is the 2.8.3 release page that I just updated:
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/2.8.3/

If you agree that the demo/binary/source downloads are unnecessary, then I will amend the page to remove the downloads and enhance the 'source code' section.

thanks,
Steve