[sakai2-tcc] TCC - CLECC meeting, Wednesday 8 am Eastern - 1 pm GMT

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Tue Jan 22 13:19:37 PST 2013

Hi TCC,

Tommorow is the 4th meeting Wednesday of the month, which means an 8 am Eastern / 1 pm GMT TCC - CLECC instead of a 10 am Eastern.

Tentative Agenda
-----------------------------
* 2.9.1 status - if any additional comments or feedback on the new plan (2.9.x moved to Longsight QA server for testing this Thurs/Fri. Hopefully release next week.)

* Community Survey - would like to get it out this week.  This is what I've got so far -

http://svy.mk/VVN3qi

* Blurb for my position on Sakai (Apereo I guess) website - this sound okay?
 "The CLE Community Coordinator sets goals for the releases of the Sakai CLE, coordinates communication between various groups within the community to insure a timely and quality Sakai CLE product."

* Plans for Sakai CLE context sensitive help -
            Can we start the discussion?  Summarizing Elizabeth Venstra:  Last summer she had understood that the decision of the group present was to move forward with the "divorce" between Sakai help files and the IU KB.  To quote : "I've already told the IU support consultants who review our version of the documents for accuracy that they no longer need to review them for the next version of Sakai if we’re not using it.  So, those documents that are currently listed as Sakai 2.9 in the Sakai KB are accurate, but the rest may or may not be.  (That’s 93 out of approximately 350-400 that are already updated for 2.9, by the way.)  And the longer it takes to get another system in place, the further away from reality all of the documents may drift.  As it happens, though, IU is planning to upgrade to 2.9 this summer (most likely in May or June), so we may catch up somewhat as part of that process.  Still, overall, I think our recent experience with the 2.9 release on the Sakai side demonstrated that the current system is not working well ." She also points out that over time there may be some loss of momentum and energy from those who have been volunteering to participate in the documentation group.

Teleconference information (Calliflower)
Default Dial-in Number:+1-734-418-9028

Your Conference Code: 8373263

Join Online:
https://apps.calliflower.com/myconference/8373263

Find a Dial in number in your city:
https://apps.calliflower.com/account/call_in_numbers?organizer=328940

Skype:

Add ‘calliflowerskype’ as a contact in Skype.  You can then call Calliflower directly from Skype.

Cheers,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org