[sakai2-tcc] Summary + Plus - Re: CLECC - TCC in less than an hour

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Wed Jan 9 11:33:12 PST 2013

Hi All,

Brief summary of meeting:
* 2.9.1 update - waiting on https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22978 - performance bug  .  Good progress being made.  May have a security bug or two we need to evaluate if they are blockers for 2.9.1 .  Expecting a 2.9.1 release between end of Jan - mid Feb, but not certain yet. Depends on final resolution and timing of these issues.

* Update on Jira cleanup - Out of 13 TCC members - 6 have either responded positively to doing the work and/or already done the first batch. 4 seem like they might be willing to participate. 3 opt out explicitly.  Evaluation - if we can have at least 6 - 10 experts evaluating tickets on a regular basis, we should make good progress.   Monitoring - Jira updates and communications should go directly in Jira, for the most part (comments, status changes, assignments, etc) and or emails for follow up to assignees, emails to CLE release team or adding to CLE agenda. This is most efficient and make the most sense. I am keeping my own internal spreadsheet for tracking progress/response, not sure if there is value in sharing this or not. Next steps - continue pushing for the reviews. Target a bi-weekly turnover. Consider expanding to some CLE release team members. Look at automating my tracking (starting to learn Python/ REST to help automate tasks. If I get stuck anyone want to volunteer an hour or two to help? Most likely to get stuck with REST. Python pretty straightforward so far.)

* Onboarding - still a need for serving as a backup to branch and release managers. Need training. Will try and get some help at EuroSakai. If that doesn't work, or as additional follow up, schedule online training with one of several experts in the community. For advanced training, may need to travel. Possibly will need to work with Matt J. or Steve Swinsburg on part of this/future direction. Timeline - not happening in January (except possibly EuroSakai help). Maybe March and later. Should target Summer at latest.

* 2.9.2 - will be making calls to the community to start tagging issues in Jira. Start defining scope.

* 2.10 - Chuck S. suggested that we focus 2013 on making 2.9 rock solid and start planning 2.10 later in the year, for a 2014 release date. This seemed well received by the folks on the call. On the call were Sam O., Megan M., Anthony W., Matt J., and J-F (did I miss anyone?) .

Plus (general thoughts/info not covered on call)
* I am going to EuroSakai. I'm not going to Jasig Sakai Unconference next week

* I am on the Program committee for Apereo conference.
      - I have some thoughts on Sakai CLE opportunities based on feedback I've heard in TCC over time.  What if we had ways to extract info from what schools are customizing locally? Especially if they have potential for the core product? What about an opportunity for a focus session with Users at the conference to quickly get some requirements?
      - this might be a good topic for our TCC - CLECC meeting next week

* Getting decent response on security contact call to community. Soon may need to think about a security update to that list….

* I think that's about it.

Thanks!
Your CLECCy CLECC