[sakai2-tcc] Sessions for Apereo Conference

May, Megan Marie mmmay at indiana.edu
Thu Feb 28 12:14:06 PST 2013

Makes sense to me

From: Neal Caidin [mailto:nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:35 PM
To: May, Megan Marie
Cc: sakai2-tcc Committee
Subject: Re: Sessions for Apereo Conference

Hi Megan,

I looked over the presentations from last year. My Sakai CLE 2.9 presentation seems like it overlaps more with the CLE presentation than the TCC presentation, though I'm planning to do a demo. In Europe, I did about a 10 minute demo, with the rest being context, feature review and Q&A. In San Diego, I am going to expand on the demo portion even further. That should help differentiate it. Perhaps I should rename my presentation to Sakai CLE 2.9 demo?

Neither of the TCC/CLE team presentations look anything like the CLE Needs You! presentation that Alan and I did in Europe, though I think Alan and I are in agreement that we might want to get into more specifics. Even going into more specifics the presentations should not overlap much (I think).

Aaron and I spoke earlier today and the plan is that I will show up at the CLE team presentation and Bootcamp but *not* be part of the presentation teams because these are focused more towards developers. Instead I will proceed with putting in a proposal for the CLE needs you! presentation and see, if it gets accepted, how it goes this year (if it seems needed and useful).

My goal in all of this is that I want to be visible to the community as a resource TO the community. Primarily as a facilitator and connector, not as a technical resource. That's a bit different of a goal than the TCC and CLE team presentations are about.

Also, if someone from the TCC wanted to co-present with my Sakai CLE 2.9 presentation, I would be happy to have that support.

Does that make sense?

Chers,
Neal