[sakai2-tcc] Strawperson schedule for CLE 2.9.2

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Thu Feb 28 08:27:11 PST 2013

[cle and tcc]

Hi All,

We had an initial discussion of the milestones for a 2.9.2 release on the CLE team call today.  Once we agree (TCC and CLE teams) that this seems reasonable, I can let the Community know our plans/ targets. I would use less detail for communication to the Community.

Strawperson schedule - for discussion
up till March 29 - issues merged, development / fixes/patches, QA testing on trunk to verify fixed issues, etc.
2.9.x merges complete - March 29
2.9.2 testing on 2.9.x (i.e. beta testing) - week of April 1
2.9.x testing complete (i.e. beta testing) - April 5
2.9.2 RC-01 cut - April 8/9
2.9.2 testing - April 10 - 16
2.9.2 RC-01 testing complete - April 17
2.9.2 RC-02 cut - April 18/19
2.9.2 testing - week of April 22
2.9.2 RC-02 testing complete - April 26
2.9.2 Release and release documentation - week of April 29

Some assumptions I'm making:

* We will do beta testing on 2.9.x instead of cutting a release
* We will need two release candidates (we did for 2.9.1)
* We will build an RC01 and RC02 - but I think Matt Jones did this a different way for 2.9.1? This might need discussion, but not a huge impact on schedule either way.
* About a week for testing in between beta and release candidates
* Release documentation will be done in parallel (since this is mostly me, I feel pretty comfortable with this assumption)

Questions? Thoughts?

Cheers,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator