[sakai2-tcc] Planning for Sakai 2.10 and beyond

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Sep 24 16:47:12 PDT 2012

I agree with Steve that the suggestions are valid. I also believe that the
TCC, comprised of those who would both consider themselves either more
technical or non-technical, though are both capable of making non-technical
decisions. The word 'technical' is in the current TCC title and
most decisions in the past have been overly technical in nature. This
is heavily reflected in the 2.9+ hit list. [1] Many non-technical decisions
that influence everyone (neo-portal, delegated access, lessons, portal
chat, dashboard) came about with very little input from TCC, or anyone else
outside of their local institutions.

I believe that extra layers above the TCC wouldn't be advantageous, and
having the TCC wear extra hats (after we're essentially wearing all the
hats anyway) isn't a good idea either. But if new or existing contributors
want to form parallel groups, can and will bring people to do the work or
money to fund the work, I'm all for distributing more hats!

[1] https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/TCC+CLE+2.9+Action+Items