[sakai2-tcc] Planning for Sakai 2.10 and beyond

Nate Angell nangell at rsmart.com
Mon Sep 24 09:02:26 PDT 2012

I agree with Steve and Chuck that the time now is for action and I believe that part of that action should include establishing and communicating priorities. Someone has to do that.

Passionate arguments would be more convincing if they were less insulting and more true to the facts.

While I agree that the formation of the Product Council was ineffective, a quick look at its membership shows that nearly all members were from stakeholder institutions putting substantial resources into Sakai―so that point is not why the PC didn't work. Also, the folks on the PC had Sakai's best interests at heart, just like other bodies such a the TCC. I tire of hearing the PC characterized as some sort of conspiracy. Let's talk about what we will do (thanks Steve!) rather than make up fake stories to illustrate what we won't do.

Original PC members:
Nate Angell, rSmart

Noah Botimer, UM

Eli Cochran, UCB